"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/3/18

I Found One

I found an entrelac baby bootie pattern that works for me. It's in here:



The book arrived yesterday from Amazon. I've already started the first one.



It looks a little weird at the moment, but I assure you, it will look like a bootie when I'm done.

While waiting for the book to arrive, I knit a doll skirt for the JID girls.



In real life, the purple is much darker and the sparkles are green. It will go nicely with the lavender mohair sweater I knit last year and still haven't done anything with it.



I also have finished the 17th character in my Mini Star Trek cross stitch project, the Gorn.



He's so darn cute! I made a change in this pattern. I made the gauntlets a little longer and the hands green instead of brown like the gauntlets, and I made the colors of his outfit closer to what they are in real life.

I only have 2 characters left. The next one will be KHAAAAANN! Heh heh.

Sweet hubby had 3 interviews this week, but no offers, yet. It's been almost 8 months now. It gets discouraging, but he keeps applying for jobs. We can't give up.

The flowering plum is loaded with flower buds. We are having a beautiful day today too. The temperature is a perfect 72 with sunshine and partly cloudy skies. I ate my lunch out on the deck and soaked up some much needed vitamin D. All the flowering trees are blooming in Coeur d'Alene already. We're about 2 weeks behind them. Kind of weird. We're only 17 miles away, but our climate is so different.

Well, that's the news for now.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment