"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/28/18

WIP Wednesday February 28, 2018

Another WIP post. I needed to start a knitting project that would be easily portable. I decided to make a scarf for a male acquaintance. I bought some Universal Yarns Bamboo Pop in black and granite. I picked one of the scarf patterns from my new knitting book,  Seed Stitch Beyond Knit 1, Purl 1. I have been enjoying it so much. It's a 4 row stitch pattern easily memorized. It's knitting up fairly quickly despite the size 5 needles and thinner yarn.



I worked on the entrelac cardigan sleeve but didn't make much headway because I frogged it and started over. I've just gotten back to where I was before frogging. It's looking much better.

I worked on my Mini Star Trek a bit too. I have a good part of the Mudd's woman wearing the green dress stitched.



The pattern has a very different green. Almost a teal color, and I was going to use it, but then I thought I'd google a pic and found out her dress is more this limey color than what the pattern has.



The third lady is wearing a light purple dress too, whereas the pattern has her in blue. I'm using the purple.



I purchased a lap stand for doing my stitching this last week. It arrived today. It's a K's Creations Z stand with the Q-Snap compatible clamp.



It makes stitching a little easier because my hands are free from holding the frame. I used to sell a lot of them in my shop. I have no idea why I didn't bring one home.

The hot tub started leaking pretty badly again. I've put in some Leak Fixer and it's working. Two days and no leaks. Now I'm waiting for it to cure, which takes 3 days. I hope it works longer than it did the first time. I'm about ready to give up on this hot tub. It's pretty old. I think the acrylic is just giving out and cracking.

Sweet hubby had a job interview this morning with a company in Spokane, WA. He said he thinks it went well. I guess we'll find out for sure eventually. If he gets hired, we won't have to move. Job hunting is so hard.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment