"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/14/18

WIP Wednesday 2/14/2018

Happy Valentines day! 

I'm doing a WIP Wednesday post today. First we have the entrelac baby cardigan. I've finished the back and working on the left front. It's going very nicely.



I am at the place where I start decreasing for the neckline. It's the weirdest way of decreasing. Starting on the right side, you're supposed to knit across to the last 3 sts, then bind them off, cut the yarn, then retie it on and knit the next row. Why didn't they stop on a wrong side row and start with the bind off? It's kind of a stupid way of doing it, adding 2 unecessary ends to weave in. I'm not doing it like that cuz it's too ridiculous. I'm gonna do it my way. Sometimes I wonder just what the designer was on when they wrote their pattern.

Last night I finished the 9th character in MiniStarTrek.



This is Mudd from the episode "Mudd's Women". The next character will be one of those women.

UPS delivered a new knitting book to me this morning.



It's a wonderful book with lots of seed stitch patterns. I love seed stitch. I love the way the author has combined it with colorwork knitting. I want to make a scarf for an aquaintance using one of the patterns in this book. I need to acquire some black and grey yarn. Something that feels luxurious, but won't break our quickly depleting bank account. Hmm..maybe bamboo?

The snow fairy whomped us last night. We got about 6 inches. It stopped snowing about noon today. I'm hoping that will be the last snow storm of the season, but I know it's still February. It's still a long way to spring.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment