"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/17/18

Zoey Has A Wardrobe

I finally got an opportunity to take pics of Zoey in her new sweaters that I've knit for her.

Sweater 1



Pattern: Dogosaurus Rex by Patons
Made For: Zoey

Size: Large

YarnUniversal Yarn Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic
Color: 311 Cherry

Needles: Circular size 5 and 6

Started: December 4, 2017
Finished: December 30, 2017

Comment: I used the Dogosaurus Rex pattern but didn't put the spikes on the sweater. The booklet this pattern is in, titled Another Dogs Life, is out of print. I found it on Ebay.

As with any dog sweater pattern, adjustments have to be made because no two dogs have the same size and shape of body. I made adjustments so it would fit her.

Zoey LOVES the sweater. She was so excited the first time I put it on her. She knows it's hers, and she believes she's gorgeous in it. I agree with her.



It is the first dog I've met that actually enjoys wearing a sweater.



I'm so glad I made it for her.



Sweater 2



Pattern: Dogosaurus Rex by Patons
Made For: Zoey

Size: Large

Yarn: Red Heart Shimmer
Content: 97% Acrylic, 3% Metallic
Color: Kaboodle
YarnUniversal Yarn Uptown Worsted
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Baby Pink

Needles: Circular size 5 and 6

Started: December 30, 2017
Finished: January 11, 2017

Comment: First of all, I decided to try my hand at knitting this in the round, instead of flat. It took some figuring, but I managed to do it and I really prefer it. I shall do it in the round from now on. I love the Shimmer yarn. It softened up very nicely after washing, and knit well. Though it doesn't show in the pictures, there's a shiny gold thread in the yarn.



Zoey looks especially good in pink.



She makes a good model too. Loves to mug for the camera.



Lets go play in the filthy snow!



Doncha just want to snorgle that face?



I dug in my stash and found the perfect yarns for another Zoey sweater. Woo hoo!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment