"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/6/17

Beading

I have started beading again.



I've got several projects I started and haven't finished yet. I hope to maybe get some of those done this year. I am currently working on a spiral rope to turn the waving triangle in the picture above into a necklace. I made that triangle two years ago.

I've also got a fringe necklace that needs to be finished, some beaded beads that never got done, a couple bead embroidery projects, a netted necklace, a peyote bracelet, a couple Christmas ornament covers, goodness! I need to catch a case of finishitis.

I have not been beading because my eyesight is not so good for doing work with little tiny things anymore, even with bifocals. I have bought a couple magnifiers over the past couple years that helped some, but not quite good enough. I have to bend my neck down in a way that causes it to start aching when using them. Someone suggested I try a dentists loupe, so I'm going to do that. It should be here sometime later this week.

I've got two Beginning Knitting classes starting this week. One on Tuesday, the other next Saturday. I'm told there are registered students. Yay! There is a request for a sock class too, so I guess I'll be scheduling it. Gonna be a busy month.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment