"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/28/16

Stressful Morning

Monday has started out as rather stressful. First of all, I woke up to an inch of new snow outside. Bleck. I took Mollie out for her morning business and she pulled all over. The scent of deer was thick in the air. I would stop as soon as she started pulling, but she'd just pull me along cuz my feet were sliding on top of the snow. Basically, it was like water skiing on the lawn. I didn't have much fun.

Running with her toy.

Later, as hubby was getting ready to head for work, I took her outside again to run in the garden area-which is now the exercise pen. Mollie loves to run. I had a physical therapy appointment this morning and I wanted to get some of her pent up energy out before I left, so we were in the pen when hubby left. She freaked out when she saw him drive away.  I kept her running and chasing her toy for a good while, until I thought she'd calmed down and moved on with life. I hooked up her leash and took her out of the pen. As soon as we stepped out she yanked hard pulling the leash right out of my hand and took off. She was looking for hubby. She ran on down the driveway and out into the street at full speed, leash bouncing behind her.

Now I was the one to freak out. Traffic was heavy, being morning rush hour, plus I had no idea if I would even find her. As far as I was concerned, she was probably gone. I had a panic attack. Fortunately, when I got to the end of the driveway I saw her just down the road. She was actually heading toward home. But when she saw me calling her, she thought she'd play a game of "keep away from mom" by running past me, rather than stopping. Meantime, cars are buzzing past at 50 mph. How she didn't get hit I will never know. After a few passes speeding by me she finally realized Mom wasn't playing and came to me. Whew!

One happy dog.

I was still shaking when I got to my therapy appointment. I am relieved, though, that she was actually coming back to the house. That is a good sign. She thinks of it as home. Also, the fact that she finally came to me is a HUGE relief. We are making progress. It's not as fast as I'd like, but it is happening. The training is having an effect. This is gonna be a really good dog in the future.

Forgive me mom?

I noticed I've got a few more grey hairs on my head.

Now for some exciting news. We have an appointment for tomorrow morning with a rep from the company who's going to build our new garage. YAY!! Finally, getting it started. The faster we can get that done, the faster we can get a fence built.

My next post will be about my latest finished layette set. Finished it last night.

Live long and prosper. \\//



No comments:

Post a Comment