"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/3/16

Layette Set #8

Layette Set 8 is done. I am very happy with how it's turned out. The lemon yellow goes great with the light blue multi-color. I need to thank my friend Phyllis for suggesting I turn the blanket into a complete layette set with this yellow. It's a great idea. Thank you Phyllis!



I've already blogged about the blanket. Here's the jacket.



PatternSuper Natural Stripes by Fawn Pea
Size: 0-6 months

YarnRed Heart Super Saver Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Lemon

Yarn: Marks & Kattens Pacific
Content: Cotton/Acrylic blend, worsted weight
Color: Light Blue

Needles: Circular size 6 and 8

Started: February 23, 2016
Finished: February 27, 2016

Comment: I have increased the needle sizes on this jacket and I'm much happier with the fabric drape and feel. It always felt just a bit too stiff with the smaller sizes. The finished size is just a tad larger. Not enough to worry about.

The hat


PatternMagic Coffee Baby Hat by Tracey Kay
Size: 6 months

YarnRed Heart Super Saver Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Lemon

Yarn: Marks & Kattens Pacific
Content: Cotton/Acrylic blend, worsted weight
Color: Light Blue

Needles: Circular size 6 and 7

Started: February 28, 2016
Finished: February 29, 2016

The booties.



PatternSeamless Garter Tassel Booties by Karen Strauss
Size: 6 months

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Solids
Content: 100% Acrylic, worsted weight
Color: Lemon

Yarn: Marks & Kattens Pacific
Content: Cotton/Acrylic blend, worsted weight
Color: Light Blue

Needles: Circular size 6

Started: February 29, 2016
Finished: March 1, 2016

I turned both sets 7 and 8 in at the Knitwits meeting yesterday. I started Layette 9 too. Had to work on something while there. :-)  It will be interesting to see done. I'm using a self patterning yarn this time.

I've got Yarnies today. Looking forward to it. Getting together with friends to knit is so fun.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment