"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/2/16

It's Early!

Spring is coming early to the Parkarosa this year. It's been unseasonably warm. The whole month of February was way warmer than normal. Pretty much all of our snow is gone and things are starting to bud and grow. I took these pics on Monday.

My daffodils have sprouted!



I discovered this Viola blooming in one of the flower boxes on the deck.



This one is blooming in one of the big pots on the deck.



So is this one.



These guys are volunteers that sprouted last fall. They started growing again a little over a week ago. I was quite surprised to find them this mature.

I tried knitting outside on the deck in the sunshine on Monday. It was 51F degrees out. I thought I could do it. The sun was so warm and inviting.


But the breeze that was blowing was extremely cold. It took 15 minutes for my hands to get so cold I could hardly move my fingers, so I gave up and went back in the house. I need to be a bit more patient. Soon. Soon I will be able to go back to knitting on my deck.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment