"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/19/15

Pullover for Layette 3





Baby Raglan Pullover #2

Pattern: From the Top Mock Turtleneck by Amy Thompson

Size: 3-6 months
Made for: Knitwits

Yarn: Pingoun Sport Crylor (discontinued decades ago)
Content: 90% Acrylic/10% Vinyon, Worsted Weight
Color: 56 Pale Green

Yarn: Red Heart Classic
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Maize

Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver
Content: 100% Acrylic, Worsted Weight
Color: Black

Needles: Size 7

Cast on: August 5, 2015
Completed: August 18, 2015

This is the second time I've knit this pattern and I've decided I like it. I wasn't so sure about it the first time. It's knit from the top down in the round so there are no seams. The neckline is short rowed so the front is lower than the back, which makes for a nice fit, but it makes it weird if I want to do stripes. As you can see in the pic of the back, that first stripe is much lower from the neckline than it is in the front.



I'm not sure how I'd do them higher up, if I wanted to, that is. I had been thinking it would be cute to do stripes all the way over it in 3 colors, as in: 2 rows A, 2 rows B, 2 rows C, repeat. I will have to think about it. In the mean time, this is the pattern I did.



I love the bit of yellow in there.



Here is a pic I took today of the view down my driveway. The smoke is really thick. It's blotting out the sun. I can't even see the little mountains that are just a mile away, behind my brother in laws house.



 Here's a view of the side yard.



It feels like the whole world is burning up. I know it isn't. Just feels that way. This is the natural disaster we have to live with in this area (as opposed to tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes). Wild fires. I am staying indoors.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment