"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/18/15

It's Fair Time

Yesterday I took my entries to the North Idaho Fair. This year I only had 4. I've done lots of projects, just not much variety. Since we're only allowed one entry per class, this is what I could enter.

This baby set minus the blanket. I entered it as a 3-piece set.



The Polarized hat in black and pink.



The Brick Check mittens.



I entered one beaded item, my bead embroidered bracelet.



I have not done much beading this year. Usually in July I make an ornament cover and I didn't do that this year. I need to make some time for beading. I need to get that ornament cover started. I have too many other projects going. Which reminds me, I am working on my Hummingbird cross stitch. I've got the back stitching half done. So excited about it!

Along with my own entries, I also entered all the Knitwits items. There are over 40 of them. It took an hour and a half to get it done. My friend Phyllis and her son showed up shortly after we (we being me and Ruth) did and they helped us. I am very thankful for that. It would have taken a lot longer without them.

Temps cooled off here this week to perfect for deck knitting, but the smoke from wild fires is so thick I can't be outside. I can barely see the mountains that are just a mile away. A bad air quality warning was issued this morning. We need some rain! The blistering heat returns tomorrow.

My yard has become wild life central. We're a green tasty oasis in the middle of a dried out forest. There have been deer every day for at least the past week. Yesterday we saw 2 deer and a coyote. The deer are grazing on the lawn. I think the coyote was thinking he'd graze on the deer, but Cable changed his mind. There are also an unusually large amount of birds, which I don't mind. The side yard was thick with Robins this morning hopping around eating bugs and worms. I haven't been putting bird seed in the feeders because the deer eat it. They have figured out that if they tilt the feeders with their heads, the seed spills out on the ground where it can be easily eaten. I don't want to encourage that behavior.

Sweet hubby is away this week. He's doing the Ride Idaho bike ride. I worry about him breathing all this smoke. Hopefully it's not as bad where he is right now.

Well, enough rambling. I've got things to do.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment