"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/13/15

How About Some WIP's

Got some WIP's to share.

First we have the beginning of Knitwits Layette set #3. A raglan pullover.




To go with this fabric.




It's ready for crocheting the edge. All the holes are cut with that magnificent Slit Edge Blade I got for my rotary cutter. I actually found yarn at the last Kitwits meeting that matches the pale green, more or less, and there was quite a bit of it, so I chose it for the main color. I'm using black and more of that maize yellow. (Good god, I think I have enough of the maize to do a hundred layettes.)

While I was preparing the above fabric (2 pieces of it), I prepared the next one too (also 2 pieces). I have 3 skeins of orange yarn that matches the triangles in this perfectly. I also have some deep denim blue, and white.




I have started the 15th pair of mens mittens. I've been using the mitten projects for KIP knitting at places where I have to have a small mindless project. Haven't decided what stitch pattern to use on the body of it yet.




It's still blistering hot around here. It's also very smoky, so no more puttering in the yard for now. There's a fire north of Spokane, WA that is causing a great deal of grief right now. Homes are being evacuated. It would be nice to have a couple days of rain to knock it down.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment