"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/2/15

Inspiration Photo Contest

I have won second place in a photo contest that was held in the Imagination Wilde Yahoo group.  The theme was a woman who inspired you. I chose Barbara G Walker. Her series of books "A Treasury of Knitting Patterns Volumes 1-4" were a huge inspiration in increasing my knitting skills. Here is my entry photo.



Later in my life she also inspired me with her writings on feminism and philosophy. She wrote a very popular book called The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets as well as many others.

The prize was my choice of Ellowyne Wilde outfits in the Wilde Imagination shop. I chose the Resisting A Rest outfit.



Now for an update on my husband. Sweet Hubby came home last Wednesday night. He is recovering very quickly. Initially his left arm and hand were numb, he'd lost his left peripheral vision, his face drooped, and his speech was very slurred. I doubt you could tell he's had a stroke Now.  My life has changed considerably. It's full of chauffeuring him around until he can have a driving assessment test. I've got to take him to appointments for practically every day for the next two weeks, plus I've got 3 knitting classes coming up to teach. I'm feeling very overwhelmed at the moment. How am I gonna get all this done? There are people I can call for help if I feel the need. I may go ahead and do that. I will also probably get a lot of knitting done cuz I'm gonna be sitting in a lot of waiting rooms for awhile, waiting.

The biggest thing right now is the therapy for Doug. He has to meet with three different therapists. One does physical, one does occupational, and one does speech. I'm hoping after the first assessment meetings (Friday, and Monday), one or more will cancel. I don't think he needs speech therapy. His speech is back to normal now. I guess we'll find out on Friday. Doubt he'll need physical therapy too. He went for a 48 mile bike ride today. (Daughter went with him so he wasn't alone.)

My daughter Sarah flew in on Thursday. She's staying until next Sunday. It's been wonderful spending time with her. Last time she was here I didn't get to see her much cuz she went on a week long bike ride with her father.

As for how I am? I am exhausted. I feel like I will never stop feeling tired. I know this will pass in time.

I think I'm gonna go sit in the hot tub for awhile.

Live long and prosper. \\//

2 comments:

  1. If you have family and friends who have offered to help, please take advantage of it, Linda Jo. You will get worn out and your health will be affected. Ask me how I know!! Also, it is good for others to help and feel like they are contributing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kate, take advantage of your family and friends if they have offered to help! I'm glad your hubby is improving!!

    ReplyDelete