"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/6/15

WIP Update

I have been knitting a little this week. Here's what I worked on.

I never blogged about it, but last June I started knitting a Pug dog. I'm making it for my dolls. I got a couple legs done, and then it got put aside. I decided to finish it. All I've got left to make now is the ears.



I put my wedding ring in the pic so you can see the size of the pieces. I'm using lace weight yarn and size 0000 needles. I took it with me to work on when I went to the Knitwits meeting Wednesday and got quite a bit of ribbing about it. I'm the only one in the group that likes to work with itty bitty materials and tools I guess.

For brainless knitting, I started a pair of mens mittens for Knitwits. I'm using a good quality acrylic worsted weight in a dark brown.



I also have worked a bit on the fairisle mittens. They look quite a bit better done on the size 0 needles.



My knee is doing much better. It's still swollen, but it's about half the size it was 2 weeks ago. I can walk with relatively little pain too. I'm still using the cane when I go out because I'm not quite confident about my balance yet. I think I'll keep using it until the swelling is completely gone, which may be a couple weeks yet.

Our weather has been wonderful. I feel so sorry for the rest of the country. They're getting pounded with snow and ice and frigid temps, and here we have NO snow and we've been in the 40's and low 50's with sunshine and blue skies. This morning the weatherman said we're having 60's next week. 

DECK KNITTING WEATHER! WOO HOO!



He also said this weather is a month earlier than the norm. Hey! I'll take an early Spring any day!

I am still waiting for the pattern for Dogwood and Hummingbirds to arrive. Apparently it was shipped to me, or rather, she took it to her local post office, but she sent it light weight air, or something like that, and it's not allowed for the type of package she shipped. So the Post Office people set it aside until they could get around to sending it back to her house via her postman. It just got sent the right way today. Urg! I am frustrated because it was supposed to be here by the 4th. Now I've got another week to wait. By then I'll probably lose my enthusiasm for doing cross stitch. Maybe I'll start something new.

Tomorrow morning I've got a new Beginning Knitting class to teach. I just found that out, so I will spend this evening preparing for it. I'm changing the project and need to print out the class pattern for it and what not.

Sunday is the month Inland Northwest Freethought Society meeting, so I've got a busy weekend. Hopefully I can squeeze in some time for DECK KNITTING!

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment