"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/12/15

New WIPs

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. Time is flying by. Before I know it, we'll be starting 2016! Urg. Anyway, I've got some new WIP's I've been working on lately.



You can see the heart pattern on these mittens now. One would think I'd be much further along since the last pic I posted, but you don't know how many times I've frogged to get to this point. It's been a challenging project, and I've learned quite a bit.

This is a pair of mens mittens for Knitwits.



I had quite a bit of yarn leftover from nephews Christmas gift, so I'm making good use of it.

I started a pair of socks today.



I'm teaching a sock class at the shop this month and decided to knit along with the student.

I actually did a bit of beading!



I got an idea for a Christmas ornament cover and am figuring it out.

Last weekend I worked on this.




It's a very roughly made pair of flat pumps for my Josephine Lammily. I found some tutorials on the internet and decided I would learn to make doll shoes so Josephine could have some dressier shoes. It took me 2 days to get a pattern figured out and then make the shoes. It still needs some tweaking, but I'm going the right direction.



The vinyl I used is a bit too thick, and the glue I had in the drawer is inadequate, so I'm gonna try again with something thinner and better glue. The folks at Joann's are fascinated by my attempts. I guess I'm the first person they've met to make doll shoes?

Besides the sock class, I'm teaching 2 beginning knitting classes at the shop this month, so I'm very busy. By the end of the month I'll probably have been to the shop so many times I'll feel like I'm living there. Heh heh!

The last WIP I've got is cross stitch.



I got out the snowman cross stitch and finished up snowman #10. I've started #11 too. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy counted cross stitch.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment