"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/12/14

Fall Foliage

My flowering plum tree is absolutely beautiful in her fall color this year. This is how she looks in the morning.



I took this photo yesterday afternoon. The leaves just glow with the sunlight coming through them.



Amber climbed up into it and asked me to take her pic.



Around the side of the house, the wild Service Berry is a brilliant yellow.



The pines in the back yard have been dropping their needles for a couple weeks now. I hired someone to rake them all up for me last weekend so I could mow the lawn (Raking leaves is a no-no for my back). Here's Amber sitting in the needles at the base of the biggest pine.



She is holding a flower we found blooming in the flower bed by the back door. I thought the frost would have killed it by now. We've had some very cold nights this past week. I've got the yard ready for winter pretty much. I  mowed the grass one last time yesterday. The leaves of the trees are just now starting to fall to the ground, so we haven't had to rake them up yet. Probably this next week they will litter up my freshly mown lawn.

I still need to put the furniture cushions away on the deck but we've been having such beautiful sunny weather I haven't wanted to. I'm still using them. It was supposed to rain today, but it didn't. Another beautiful day of sunshine. I am so enjoying it, and the air outside smells so good.

I have done quite a bit of knitting on the moose sweater. I am now at the point where I start knitting the actual moose. I plan to get him started tomorrow. I've also almost finished a tan and white shrug, and started a pink mohair sweater for the dolls. I've got a pink and white skirt with no top. Not sure how it got missed. I want to cast on some mittens this coming week.

I did not make it to Knitwits last week. I was sick with some kind of virus. I tried to go, I really did. I loaded up everything in the car and actually started driving to Coeur d'Alene, but didn't get more than a couple miles when I realized I was just way too sick to be going anywhere, so I turned around and went home.

Today I attended the October meeting of the Inland Northwest Freethought Society. I had a wonderful time. We have quite a few new members that have joined since we did our booths at the fair. It's nice to see so many new faces.

Sweet Hubby is in Texas on his ride. He's across about a third of it. Texas is a BIG state!

That is the news for now. Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment