"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/23/14

Fair Results 2014

I worked the INFS booth at the fair yesterday. Work is an overstatement. It wasn't work at all. I enjoyed it. A lot of folks stopped and said hello and it was all very positive. I expect we'll have some new members after the fair is over.

While there, of course, I took a break to go find out how my entries did. They did very well. In knitting I won blue on the knit doll outfit.



I think they may have mauled my doll before putting it in the display case.Even her wig is knocked to the side a bit.  I really wish they would take more care with how they display items. Oh well. I won blue on my bead knitted amulet necklace.



a red ribbon on my fairisle tam,



And blue on my Gansey. Yay!



I won blue on the necklace I entered in the General Crafts department.



In bead weaving I won red on my bracelet (gold and brown on the left) and, surprise surprise! I won blue and Second Premium on the pink and black peyote necklace! (Again, not displayed very well.)



This is the very first premium award I've won on my bead weaving. I am going to be insufferable for months!

We had a visitor a couple days ago. A very nice looking buck came by for dinner.


The weather has cooled off considerably the last few days. It's been in the 70's with quite a bit of thunder storms and rain. Not what I would consider normal weather for mid-August. I wonder if we're getting an early fall, or will it warm back up?

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment