"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/9/14

FO Friday 5/9/2014

I have a FO to show on a Friday. I've knit another pink mohair sweater for Ellowyne.



Little Pink Lace Ruffled Sweater

Pattern: Refined Ruffles

Yarn: Elann Silken Kidd in Orchid.
Content: 100% Super Kid Mohair/30% Silk, lace weight

Needles: Addi Turbo circular size1

Cast on: May 6, 2014
Bound off: May 8, 2014

Comments: This one I really like a LOT. Way more than the last one. It's easy, stylish, feminine, and easy to modify for different yarns. I can vary the lace pattern on the ruffles too. This is the design I'm going with for my shop.



The last couple days have been 5 minute weather days. I'm kind of hoping it will clear up for Mothers Day because Sweet Hubby was talking about taking a drive up in the Coeur d'Alene mountains to see the spring wild flowers that day and I really really want to do that. However, I'm not holding my breath. Weatherman says rain this weekend.

My flowering cherry is blooming. It has a couple dozen flowers on it, which looks kind of sparse, but still, it's blooming. It bloomed with one flower 2 years ago, then nothing last year. So I am quite thrilled to see as many flowers as it does. The flowering plum is blooming too. It's loaded this year and smells so good. I need to take some pics before they're done.

Yesterday a friend told me Lyle's Fabric and Craft in Coeur d'Alene is having a going out of business sale. I was surprised to hear it. They've been around forever, or at least it seems that way. I drove into town to take a look at what they had. Not much, that's for sure. I've missed most of the sale. However, I did find a few cotton quilting type fabrics I liked a lot, including these two:




Such a cute print on them. I got a couple yards of each. I have plans to sew something with them. I was thinking knitting totes.

Tomorrow is the monthly meeting of the Inland Northwest Freethought Society. I joined it a few months ago. It's a fun group and I'm enjoying it very much. I felt the need to hook up with people of like mind.



If you're interested in participating in FO Friday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment