"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/23/14

WIP Wednesday 4/23/2014


I am having a hard time finding, or rather, making time to blog. I have tons of stuff to write about. Haven't been able to do it. I will have to fix that.

It's WIP Wednesday, so I thought I'd post the current projects I've got on my needles.

The 5th endeavor of the Librarian project. I'm finding the knitting very interesting, yet very easy to keep track of. A brainless project for kipping.



I've started the second sock of the Sweet Niggles. I wrote up the pattern. Now I'm testing it. After I've finished this, I will make a few edits, then send it on to real test knitters.



I think I mentioned I was restarting the Mukluks. Here's where I am with that. I like my cuff much better than the pattern cuff.



I cast on for a doll sweater weeks ago and this is as far as I got, so far. It's an idea I have for my own design, rather than using someone else's pattern. I hope I wrote down what I wanted to do or I'm up crap creek, if you know what I mean.



That is what's on the needles for now. I want to start another sweater for me, but I can't decide which one of the 3 I have yarn for to do. Arggh! It's driving me crazy. I'll get it figured out eventually.

We had a marvelous weekend, weather-wise. It was beautiful, sunny, warm. An epic spring day. Sweet Hubby took on the task of tearing down the now-dangerous staircase on the front porch, and building a new one. I helped him some. Not as much as I would have liked, but, you know, mashed knees. We got a lot done. They are usable, which is most important.


All that's missing is the balusters. He was going to use the wood from the old staircase to make the new ones, but upon examination, has decided new wood is in order. I concur.

This is what I woke up to this morning.



Mother Nature can be really cruel.





If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Love the sock design and the colors you chose to show off the stitch design. Snow!?!? EEEeeekkk! It's finally "warm" here, I got out of work at 7am and braced myself to go outside and it was surprisingly balmy.

    ReplyDelete