"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/13/13

WIP Wednesday 11/13/2013

The current Christmas knitting projects as of this moment.

Chocolate Cephalopod is moving along nicely.



I'm 1/4th the way through the octopus chart. It's going very smoothly, too, now that I got everything figured out. You can see the arms starting to take shape at the top. The Syfy channel had a Star Trek movie marathon yesterday. I appreciated that very much while I knitted on this baby.

The beaded cowl is also moving along nicely. I am currently using it for my public knitting.



I was having problems starting each row of the lace pattern in the right place, but yesterday I added the yarn marker and that has eliminated the problem. I have to move the marker over 2 stitches every other row, but that's better than tinking back to fix something all screwed up every few rows. I'm just over halfway done with it.

I'm fairly confident I'll have the cowl done in time, but not feeling that way about Chocolate Cephalopod. I've got so much to do on it yet, and the clock just keeps ticking.

My mouse kind of croaked a few days ago. It refuses to scroll up, and the rubber broke off the scrolling wheel. I've just plain worn it out. It's a fairly old mouse given to me by sweet hubby after my last purple mouse broke due to doggy abuse. Anyway, I ordered a new one.



I got a Logitech M325 wireless mouse designed specially for web browsing. It arrived yesterday and I LOVE it! Fits my hand perfectly, and works very well. I hope it lasts longer than my previous purple mouses did. If I keep it away from the dog, it should last a long time.

It's so cold today. Grey and cold. I won't be surprised if I get up in the morning to snow, though I don't know what the weather forecaster says is coming. I think I'm gonna sit in the hot tub for a bit and warm myself up.




If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects!

    Love the Cephaolopod--great color combo--and the Beaded Cowl is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the beaded cowl and the color combo of Cephaolopod is lovely!

    ReplyDelete