"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/26/13

Ten Interesting Facts About This Blog

1. I started it for myself to keep track of my knitting, beading, and things important to me. I never expected people to actually read it, let alone want to. It has gone in different directions at times, but the basic focus is still there. I also started it to help myself come out of the depression I was in after having to close my needle craft shop in January 2006. Making myself do something challenging usually does that for me. It definitely did in this case.

2. I knew 0, Nada, Nothing about blogging or html programming when I started it.

2. I started it several months before the "official" start date, but I hated it so much I deleted the whole thing. Then I thought about it for awhile. What did I really want my blog to be about? I restarted it March 1, 2007.

3. As of today, I have written 1158 posts.

4. Since I added the visit counter, as of the time I'm writing this, I've had 165,323 visits. Wow! I average about 100 visits a day.

5. I've had 287,767 page views. Double Wow!

6. My most popular post  is You Can Block Acrylic. As of this moment, I've had 86,930 visits to that page.

7. The two top drivers to my blog are Google (people searching for information on how to block acrylic) and Ravelry.

8. 52% of my blog visitors live in the United States. The rest live all over the world. People from almost every country that has internet have visited my blog. Even countries I'd not heard of before. That's why I put the translator in the side bar.

9.  This blog is actually monetized, in a very minimal and not visible way. I earn about $30 a year in gift cards from Amazon with this blog. Thank you to those who have clicked on the links and bought something I linked to.

10. I'm not tired of blogging yet. Journaling is part of my genetics. My mother did it, only she had to use paper and pen. I had a diary when I was a kid. I wrote a journal when I was a teenager. It's just something I do. I like to go back and read my old posts. It's fun. It brings back good memories.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment