"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/18/13

Octopi in the House

What a weekend. Saturday morning I woke up to 6 inches of new snow. Also, no running water. The power was out at the well house. It took most of the day for it to be fixed. So I didn't do the laundry, like I was planning, or anything else having to do with running water. Instead, I knitted, and knitted, and knitted. That's what I did the whole weekend, actually. I've been working on Chocolate Cephalopod as much as I can. I finished the Octopus chart. Hurray!



This is what the sweater looks like at the moment.



It was a challenging chart to knit. I made lots of mistakes, most of which I tinked back to and fixed. But there was one that I left in. No one is gonna notice it, so I decided not to bother. I love the bubbles, which is one of the modifications I added to the chart I used.

Now, on to chart 4!

One other thing I did was got our Wool in the Wilde site up. (I had to take breaks from the knitting.) I have two of the Ellowyne knit dresses I made up for sale. Hopefully, someone will buy them. I don't know. I might have to start on Ebay with this stuff. I guess we'll find out.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. I love the octopi! That looks so cool! We recently had out furnace/hot water combo installed and the water was off for a day ... I did a lot of knitting that day :o)

    ReplyDelete