"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/4/13

Embellish Me Too

I taught the second part of the beaded knitting class on Saturday. It went very well. We stopped for lunch, and then I taught them how to make the beaded strap. I don't usually do that because it's a knitting class, not a beading class. But they all brought the materials to do it and were so enthusiastic. All in all, the class was very fun to teach. Having enthusiastic students sure makes a difference.  The students finished their little bags. All of them turned out great. I finished mine too, and here it is.



Embellish Me Too

Pattern: Embellish Me by me.
Size: 2 inches by 2 inches

Yarn: DMC Perle Cotton, size 8.
Content: 100% Cotton
Color: Pale lavender

Beads: Czech size 11 seed beads in Purple Iris

Needles: Size 0000.

Cast on: October 25, 2013
Completed: November 2, 2013




I embellished it with a strand of beads on the front containing a 4mm bronze Czech firepolished crystal, 8mm purple rondelle crystal, 4mm golden shadow Swarovski crystal, and 10mm lavender round crystal. Then I added 3 little loops of size 11 seed beads at the top of the strand.



I incorporated the same beads used in the embellishment for the 24 inch strap.



I've been scheduled to teach the class again in December. I hope it fills up and did as well as the one just finished.

On Sunday I was a complete and total recliner potato. I watched movies with Sweet Hubby all day, played on my computer (I've discovered the game called Candy Crush), and did some knitting. I actually got the Octopus sweater out and worked on it. This is where I am on it now.



If you'll remember, one of the cats had damaged it, so I had to frog back to that spot and do it over. I got rather frustrated with it, so I put it in hibernation. However, it's supposed to be a Christmas present, and Christmas is coming fast. I need to get it done. I spent about 3.5 frustrating hours on it frogging and rewinding balls and getting it into a point where I can work on it. I've got it figured out now, and it should proceed forward, rather than back.

It has been bitterly cold around here. It's been dipping in the 20F's at night, and not getting over 50F during the day. Sunday morning we even got a bit of snow. Today it started sunny and cold, but as the day progressed, clouds moved in. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Joy joy.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments: