"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/29/13

It's National Cat Day

Did you know October 29th is National Cat Day? Well, it is. In celebration, I'm sharing pics of my furry felines doing what they do best. Sleeping.

Chenille


Merino


Cashmere

They each have their own sleeping style. I've always envied cats ability to enjoy sleeping.

The Bead Knitting class on Saturday went very well. I had 7 very enthusiastic students who were there to learn. My goal was to get their beads strung on the thread and get them going on the knitting part. I was successful. There was one student who had stubborn beads that would not go on the thread. They were marked size 11's, but I think  they were mislabeled. They were way too small to be 11's. One gal provided her with a ball of thinner thread and class members took turns helping her get them strung. We took a break for lunch, and then we started the knitting part.They are supposed to have them all knitted and bound off for the next session, where they'll learn how to sew the seams and string a strap.

I got a new wig for Ellie. It's a short darker blond wig made of mohair.

Ellie and her friend the serenading frog with attitude. He used to have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, but it disappeared one day. I think it fell in the lawn and got 'mowed'.

I ordered a size 7/8 instead of the usual 6/7 because I read that they fit better.


I think it's just a bit too big. It actually covers her ears a little bit. I'm considering fix it, rather than send it back. Then again, it looks great on her, so maybe I'll not worry about ears.

So, yesterday morning I woke up to this:



Yep! That's snow, and it was totally unexpected. It totally upset me and the fur kids. Well, except Cable, who couldn't contain her joy one little bit. Goodness! She was so excited I was worried she was gonna hurt herself dashing in and out the doggy door. The snow was thoroughly rolled in. Most of it melted away during the day, and today it's sunny out, though not what you could call warm. We can thank Alaska for that. They sent their weather down here.

Since we got our first snow, I've filled the bird feeders. Parkarosa Bird Buffet has opened, or as my daughter likes to call it - the  cat entertainment channel. All 3 were sitting on the windowsill watching the birds early this morning. So far we've had chickadees and a couple Magpies.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment