"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/3/09

Success Unexpected

I had to go into Coeur d'Alene yesterday to meet my friends for our monthly lunch get together. As usual, I had a great time. After lunch I decided to pop into a yarn shop and found a novelty yarn to use for the trim on the baby cardigan.



I've been lamenting for a couple weeks the sudden lack of novelty yarns around here. I need some to trim the hem, cuffs, and collar of the cardigan. I wanted something short, with a pile, but not chenille (I do not put chenille on baby stuff.) I thought I'd visited all the shops but I forgot to check one. How I managed to do that I will never know. The important thing is I thought of them yesterday, so into Harmony Yarns I went to find they still have some and they even had the perfect yarn in the perfect shade of coral pink. Hurray!

Speaking of the baby cardigan, I have finished the main piece. Now it's sleeve time. Yazi shots now earned-6.

This afternoon is the meeting of the Rathdrum knitting group. I'm looking forward to it.

I leave y'all with a joke I found on Ravelry that made me laugh so hard I had tears spurtin' out the eyes.

Sherlock Holmes and Watson go camping. That night, as they get ready to sleep, Sherlock asks Watson, “Watson, when you look up, what do you see?”

Watson replies, “Well, Sherlock, I see a vast sky filled with all the stars of the universe.”

Sherlock nods, and asks, “What does that mean to you?”

Watson replies, “Well, I think the vastness tells us how meaningless and insignificant we all are in the grand scheme of things, merely specks in the world, ants on the Earth.” Watson spends a few minutes reflecting on the deepness of it all, and then asks Sherlock “why, what does it mean to you?”

“It means someone has stolen our tent.”

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment